Archive Accelerator Restore
Moving users from one physical location to another…Moving users off Enterprise Vault as part of enterprise reorganization. These scenarios create the unique challenge of restoring messages back to users' mailboxes in Enterprise Vault.
While a “restore” feature is built into Enterprise Vault, the solution moves all archived items back into the user’s mailbox. The unintended result could mean restoring messages with broken shortcuts or placing unwanted items back in the mailbox. This is even more problematic for Enterprise Vault versions prior to 8.0 – where built-in restore doesn’t account for moved shortcuts post-archive. This could mean data being restored to the wrong folder.
Our Archive Accelerator Mailbox Restore reintroduces items into a user’s mailbox based on currently existing shortcuts – resulting in a cleaner restore with no duplicates. The solution offers an “Unattended” mode to restore multiple mailboxes automatically.
The Right Solution for Migrating from Enterprise Vault to Exchange Online Archives
With Archive Accelerator Restore, the process of restoring messages just got one step easier! The solution for migrating to the Microsoft Exchange Online Archiving feature – with the ability to restore messages either before or after mailbox migration.
Leveraging our solution, customers are empowered to:
- Restore items from short-cuts
- Run the solution as a service, restoring multiple mailboxes simultaneously in the background
- Delete originals from Enterprise Vault
- Restore only those items with user-defined shortcuts
- Restore to current shortcut locations, rather than original archive locations
- Use the solution in conjunction with Vault Solutions Outlook Add-In Module to migrate from Enterprise Vault to Microsoft Exchange 2010 Archiving
- Leverage support of Exchange 2010 CAS Arrays
- Leverage support of Exchange 2010 Database Availability Groups (DAGs)
- Restore items to Exchange 2013
- Restore items to Office 365
All restore processes are managed by the administrator via a Management Console – in a multi-threaded manner with the ability to schedule during off-hours.
- Migrate directly from Enterprise Vault to Google Apps for Business
Selecting Gmail as the migration destination is quick and easy.
The Vault team is always hard at work to uncover new ways to leverage Enterprise Vault. That’s why we’re committed to providing new recommendations as they become available.
With archiving restoration, we highly recommend – when re-introducing items to a user’s mailbox – customers should consider shortcuts in PST files. While not encouraged, PST files are common. In this case, Vault’s Outlook Add-In can be leveraged to identify PST holders and the number of shortcuts in each – and then automatically restore them in the background.
It’s just one of many ways the Vault team helps you unlock the power of unstructured content.