The following sources are currently supported, with more being developed:
- Discovery Accelerator
- Others via custom interface
The Vault Solutions Importer can be used to immediately start importing data from a data source, or can import data on a schedule. It keeps chain of custody information about all items imported. It keeps track of what has been imported to insure against re-importing the same data twice. It can be set to automatically delete imported data after a set period of time.
The importer can be used to bring data directly into Enterprise Vault from other vendors data ingestion products.
All imports are done via a windows service, and controlled via a Microsoft Management Console interface. SQL is used to track and record all imports. Items which fail to import are recorded, and once the issue has been resolved, can be easily re-processed.
The Vault Solutions Importer is installed on the Enterprise Vault server, and does not required additional hardware. It works with Enterprise Vault 6.0 SP3 through 9.0.
- Requires no additional hardware
- Brings data directly into Enterprise Vault without affecting email servers
- All data imported can be used with Compliance Accelerator and Discovery Accelerator
- Provides superior performance
- Supports Enterprise Vault Vault 6.0 SP3 through 9.0
- Runs unattended on a schedule
- Full audit trail maintained